Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I love making Scrapbooks from Scratch!

Happy Tuesday my crafty friends!

Today I am going to FINALLY share a scrapbook made from scratch!  I L.O.V.E. making scrapbooks from scratch.  I actually designed and made one for each of My Girls when I asked them to be a part of my wedding.  I don't have that one on my blog, though.  I'll be sure to share them in the future...I would have to figure out how to make it again because I didn't create a template or instructions.

I like giving handmade gifts.  For the most part, others like to receive my handmade gifts because it truly does come from the heart AND they appreciate all my efforts spent on it.  AND, with all these graduations, baby showers, and birthdays that came and keep coming, I decided that I was going to make a scrapbook for everyone (luckily all the recipients have all been girls-I'm not currently good at making boy scrapbooks).

Pressed on time, I needed some HELP and I found this awesome you tube instructions by Scrap Yard Chicks!  They do an awesome job at giving instructions.  I also like it too because it's short and simple to follow. :)


Here's some written instructions.  I have to take notes.


Materials
3 12x12 Sheets (cardstock, printed-preferably double sided)
3 1x12 Strips (coordinates with your 3 12x12 Sheets)
About a foot of ribbon that (coordinates with your 3 12x12 Sheets)
Scoreboard                                                     
A circle punch; can be 1 ½ inch or ¾ inch…any size will work.
Crop-o-dile or hole punch

Instructions
  1. Score 3 12x12 Sheets @ 3inches & 9inches. 
  2. With the first 12x12 Sheet fold at the scores, the paper should meet in the middle, adhere one strip to close the middle.  Score @ the 6inch mark (the strip will be perpendicular to the score) and fold.
  3. Open the each side of the first 12x12 Sheet.  On the side that has the strip, take the circle punch and “half moon” each side (should look like a thumb nail).
  4. With the second 12x12 Sheet cut the top fold off (this is why it is recommended to use double sided paper).  The second 12x12 Sheet is going to be two pockets.  Use one 1x12 Strip to adorn the top of the pocket.  Score on the backside (no pockets) @ the 6inch mark and fold.  Tape the sides of the bottom fold to make the pockets.  It is okay to only tape on the outsides, if preferred.
  5. With the last 12x12 Sheet, repeat Step 2
  6. Align all three sheets and hole punch @ the 6 inch score on each side. Insert hole punch until stop it stops and punch.  Insert ribbon from the inside and tie a knot on the outside.
  7. Base of 6x6 Album completed!
  8. Decorate as desired!

Additional Info.
  1. Four 5 ¾ x 5 ¾ papers for the pocket inserts (sides)
  2. Four 3x5 ½ papers for the tags
I made this one for my cousin.  She's bright & full of fun, so I thought this paper packet was perfect for her.













Of course, mine is extra simple. Feel free to add your favorite embellishments, sentiments, decorate the cover, etc.

Happy scrappin'!
Melika

No comments:

Post a Comment