Monday, July 2, 2012

Cookies anyone?






On Sunday I got together with my best friends and we had a card making party.  It was a lot of fun and they shared with me three beautiful cards.

Although, I love making cards for others and creating scrapbooks for myself and others.  I also love baking.  Well...I only know how to make oatmeal cookies, both crispy and traditional, and these yummy chocolate chip walnut cookies.

I thought this is a great way to share my freshly baked cookies with a touch of love.

The box is from clearbags.com,  my upline, K Pekin, once again, generously gave me some at a team meeting.  I think this is the size.  

And for the project, I used scraps of a 12x12 B&T Lucy Paper  (X7149B), Enjoy! Stamp Set (C1496), Natural Hemp (Z280), Blush Ink (Z2106), and Sweet Leaf Ink (Z2153).

The story behind the cookies is...last Thursday, my husband, my cousin & his girlfriend, and I went out for dinner.  We wanted dessert, but wasn't craving dessert that the restaurant was offering, so instead we bought vanilla ice cream to go with my homemade cookies.  EXCEPT, my cousin wanted chocolate chip cookies, which I never made before.  It was about 11:30pm and I agreed.  I googled chocolate chip cookies and decided to bake the first recipe that came up without reading the reviews.  All, I checked for is that I had all the ingredients, in which I did.

I am a tad bit anal when reading and following instructions, so this being my first time making chocolate chip cookies, it took me almost 2 hours to prepare and bake for my first attempt.  I was tired and cranky, but was determined to make the chocolate chip cookies for my cousin, he's like my brother...it's difficult to say no and besides, I wanted them too. :)

After I was all done, EVERYONE was asleep, it was 1am and I enjoyed one by myself with a glass of milk.  I was content.

Here is the recipe.  I hope you will attempt to make a batch and enjoy them too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment