Monday, July 30, 2012

Banner

Happy Monday!

It has been a crazy weekend filled with ohana from around the world!  We finally had our first family reunion on my dad's side.  Growing up I don't recall meeting many of his family members because Dad was in the military, his dad rarely spoke of them, and my parents divorced when I was eleven.  When we did meet dad's extended family, it was normally at a funeral, which was always unfortunate and brief, but life tends to pass by rather quickly.

Life passed by so quickly, that last year we lost my paternal grandmother to a fast and ailing disease, and the prior year to that we lost an incredible uncle to a brain aneurysm.  When my paternal grandmother passed we decided that we needed to have our first family reunion and yesterday we did!  It was a blast to see everyone!  And, to hear everyone share their stories about Grandpa.  He's the oldest sibling left, so this family reunion was not only to appreciate each other, but to honor him.  There was a lot of laughing, tears, hugs and kisses shared.  The day was beautiful.  It was so beautiful it felt like a wedding...especially with all the stress and planning that is put into the occasion and when the Big Day arrives, it feels like the day is done in five minutes! =)

For our family reunion, I made our banner. I could had ordered a vinyl banner, but because I'm a crafty person, I couldn't bring myself to order one. =) Besides we can't really reuse a vinyl banner, for the next one, I just need to change the location and date!

Anyways, I hope you enjoy it!







I used the CTMH Cricut Art Philosophy to cut the banner.


Page 30 Cricut Tag @ 8” <Tag1>
Page 21 Cricut Circle @ 5.5” <Circle1>
Cricut Letters @ 4.5” 

Happy scrappin'!

Would love to hear your feedback, feel free to leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment