Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Papa's Day Card

Hi there my Crafty & Creative Friends!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!  I FINALLY took a day off from the daily obligations of life and took Saturday to rest.  I almost slept all day, but I managed to watch a Korean Horror movie on Netflix and make two Father's Day Cards. YEE!

The first card I created I wanted to use the mustache image from the Acrylix Stamp Set: Perfect Fit-Dad because mustaches are really in. =)  I attached the the mustache to a 2 x 3 1/2 inch Acrylix Block and used black pigment ink to stamp the mustache, used Clear Embossing Powder and a Craft Heater to give it a matte look.  The image was cut using the Cricut Artiste Collection cartridge.

I also wanted to make like a young elementary school kid made the card using letters cut from a magazine.  To make this happen I used Acrylix Stamp Set:Trinity Alphabet and the 1 x 1 inch Acrlyix Block to individually stamp each letter using Saddle Ink, Slate Ink, Dessert Sand Ink, and Olive Ink.  I then individually cut each letter and distressed each letter with the coordinating color.

Then I adhered everything to Indian Corn Blue Cardstock.

As, Pumba would say from Disney's movie The Lion King, "Simple, yet satisfying." 



The second card I made, I wanted to use the "Tie" Image from the Acrylix Stamp Set: Perfect Fit-Dad.  I didn't want to just paste the tie onto the base of the card, I wanted it to be on a shirt.  Then I remembered that the Cricut Artiste Collection had an image.  Originally I was going to keep the card "As Is" (shaped like a shirt), but the card was too small for a standard A2 envelope and I didn't want to make my own envelopes this time around so I dry embossed Goldrush Cardstock using a houndstooth embossing folder and a Big Shot Machine for the base of the card.

The shirt was too white for me so I lightly distressed all the edges of the shirt with a dauber and Buttercup Ink.  After cutting shirt with the Cricut Artiste Collection cartridge, I cut the "tie" image. Then I attached the "tie" stamp image to a 1 x 3 1/2 inch Acrylix Block  and inked it with Outdoor Denim Ink. To give the shirt a "Seal of Approval," I attached the "World's Greatest" image to a 2 x 2 inch Acrylix Block and stamped  in Goldrush Ink  and cut it out by hand. I know my sister said I was ridiculous, but once I got going it was easy peasy.  I'm sure I'll regret it in the future. I then wet embossed the "Dad" image in black (same as in the first card) using a 1 x 1 inch Acrlyix Block.

And, I was once again satisfied.  YEE! Two card designs done!



Are you getting ready for Father's Day too?  I would love to hear what you are creating.  Or if you need some help, please let me know and I would be happy to assist you.

Happy scrappin'!
















No comments:

Post a Comment