Monday, May 20, 2013

Embossing

Happy Monday my Crafty & Creative Friends!

Did you have a great weekend!? I sure hope so.  It was another busy one for me from hanging out with friends, making cards, Relay for Life, a 4-miler, and shopping with great people!  I really cannot complain, but sometimes I wish I wouldn't over book myself and take time to relax.  Sure, I practice yoga four times a week, but that's just not enough.  Anyway, enough about my jumbo bumbo.  Let's talk crafty.

So I recently started using CTMH pigment ink because I wanted to start embossing stamped images.  Although, embossing has been around for quite some time, in my stamping career I never liked it.  To me it's messy and a lot of work.  But, it definitely makes a difference on a simple card and I now like wet embossing.

I wish I remembered where I put my mom's wedding save-the-date cards because we embossed all of them!  Boy, that was a fun, messy, late night bonding experience!  That was about 8 years ago and that is when I said to myself, NO to EMBOSSING. lol.  It would have been a great example to share why it's a love/hate thing with embossing (wet).

In any case, I embossed my last Mojo Monday card entry and I used the embossing technique on the card I gave my friend for the loss of his mom to cervical cancer.

Rest in Peace Mrs. FM



On the morning of her services I learned that her favorite color was purple so decided to stamp lavender flowers and emboss them with clear embossing powder. Clear embossing flower can be used with any pigment colored ink.  Remember, I originally did not like wet embossing so I don't have all the color embossing powders.  I told myself I would only buy clear because it's universal.  If you want your embossed image to have more depth, it's best to use the same color.  I then added a turquoise ribbon because it is the color for cervical cancer.



The lavender flower image I used is from a retired CTMH stamp set, Treasure Life.  It’s an oldie, but goodie.  As a CTMH Consultant for only two years, but a customer for at least ten, it’s always tempting to get rid of retired stamps, but it’s also difficult to because it’s never known when it’s going to be needed.  (My husband would call me a hoarder after making this statement).  So I apologize for yet again sharing a retired stamp image.  On a happier note, the sentiment stamp set is current, it’s CardChatter-Sympathy and stamped with Lagoon Ink.

I also want to share a CTMH You Tube Video on the new Stamp Scrubber.  




I haven't bought this yet, but I do kinda want it.  I know it's a lot smaller than the last scrubber, but I  believe in the bristles.  

Oh, this is the luminaria I drew in honor of my friend's mom at my team's ACS Relay for Life this weekend. (and this is why I stamp because I cannot draw).



Don't forget to join in the Mojo Monday fun!  I'll be hopefully working on it this week.

Happy scrappin'!



 





























No comments:

Post a Comment