Friday, May 10, 2013

Dream Pop Owl Page

Happy Friday My Creative & Crafty Friends!

Today I am going to share with you an Owl Scrapbook Page. Since it is National Scrapbooking Month, I figured I should celebrate by sharing at least ONE scrapbook page using a page from the Dream Pop Special. =)

I have veered away from scrapbooking about nine years ago 1.) because I decided to go back to school so I had to push scrapbooking aside; 2.) my friends coerced me into a card maker (my friends are gonna LOVE that I put them on the spot! lol.)  Actually, I also learned that card making and for the most part, small scrapbooks are instantly satisfying because they are done in a shorter amount of time.

Most of my older scrapbooks are over 50 pages, are bigger than four encyclopedias stacked, can barely open and close, and are bonded with over ten extenders.  I might be exaggerating just a bit, but I wanted to give you a visual.  I still have scrapbook pages NOT in books AND I have a huge box of pictures that are organized, but have not been touched in over 10 years.

I am really tempted to ditch the old school way scrapbooking and jump on the digital bandwagon.  It's just a click away....

Here's what is new with CTMH's Studio J, which allows you to embed old scrapbooking with the new digital way AND allows you more freedom to position, place, and size your photos digitally.


Anyway, we all know I love owls....

My Scrapbook Page

My husband suggested that I put it on the wall.  I think I will as soon as I find a photo to put in it and maybe a shadow box.

These are the products I used:
Paper: Dream Pop Special
Stamp sets: Poet, Women
Accessories: Paradise Twine, Paradise Flowers, Pink Buttons, Green Buttons
Ink: Buttercup, Lagoon, Sunset, Honey

This year my theme is Womanhood and relearning to be grounded.  When the 2013 Spring/Summer Idea Book had the Poet and Women stamp sets; I HAD to get them.  And while drafting this page; I couldn't help but use these stamp sets for this page-to me they fit perfectly.


Happy scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment