Monday, July 15, 2013

"Beautiful Friendship" Gift Box

Hi there!

Today's project was inspired by San Diego Bath & Body Company's "Living the Dream" soap cover.  I love their products.  I mainly use their  bar soap and lotion bars.  But, I have tried their deodorant, sugar scrubs, lip balms, soy candles, and liquid soap. AND, I just love everything!

I am a lavender feign.  I really love the mix of lavender with mint.  I think I bought this one maybe twice, maybe three times-not sure.  I try to buy a different scent every time so I can be sure to try them all.  This time I bought it for a friend as a Thank you gift.

I used the Cricut Artiste Collection to make this box.  It's a perfect size for the soap bar. The box was cut at 4", the recommended size notated on the instruction booklet of this Cricut Collection. 

The stamp set I used is Beautiful Friendship.  I used my favorite stamping technique, Background or Random stamping, - it's an easy, fun way to create a unique B&T pattern.  You can even Random stamp on B&T paper.  I've done it and it turned out great.

To finish the project up, I added burlap ribbon, (my hubby liked this addition because he said I never done that before-true), Baker's Twine, and Markers to color in the butterfly. *Please note when coloring images with the alcohol based markers, such as CTMH's, it is best to use Archival Ink or Stazon Ink.  The water base inks bleed.  But, I was okay with it because I wanted the butterfly to be purple.
Other items used:
Lagoon Ink
Gypsy Ink
Sponge Daubers
Liquid Glass ***NEW FAVORITE***  Liquid Glass has been around for a while, but I just began using it.  A fellow consultant recommended it to use as glue.  It's main purpose is for adding a crystal effect to embellishments.  However, it's an awesome glue-it's not too sticky, it dries fast & clear, and it's permanent.  I used it for the entire project, except for the box-I used strip tape.

Thanks for visiting!

Happy scrappin'!
Melika

No comments:

Post a Comment