Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Our One Year Anniversary!

Happy Tuesday My Crafty Friends!

Yesterday my husband and I celebrated Our One Year Wedding Anniversary!  The year went by so fast!  To celebrate he made reservations at Ruth's Chris on The Harbor and we both enjoyed a tomato basil bisque for starters; a glass of red wine with a Bone in Filet  and a Cowboy Rib-eye with a side of Au Gratin Potato and Asparagus Hollandaise sauce as our main course; and ended the night with an on-the-house lemon tart with dark chocolate bar with almonds.  Delish! I was super hungry, but I guess we are just not built to eat that much steak.  We both had to take home our steak and our sides.  The only dishes we finished were the soup and the dessert.  (I always have room for dessert! haha...If we didn't get dessert at Ruth's Chris I was going to make him take me to Extraordinary Desserts in Little Italy.  It's my fav't location of the two, we have in San Diego.  My fav't dessert is the Raspberry or Blackberry Linzer.  It's to die for.  Normally when you order it, they warm it up for you, but personally I love it cold or room temperature.) 

Anyway, I had a goal to finish our wedding album before our one year wedding anniversary because I didn't want to fall into the category of being married for five years AND still not having our wedding album or scrapbook done yet.   Originally, I wanted a professional wedding album made, but the husband to be said no because I am a scrapbooker, why would I pay someone to do what I can do.  Well, my thought was...the photos are printed differently, the flush of the pages are different, and the binding of the book is different.  He Won.  Besides, making our own wedding scrapbook album allowed me to write in the side notes that a professional album wouldn't had allowed me to (I don't know for sure, but seeing all the albums I've seen...I haven't see it done yet).

Our Wedding Scrapbook is probably only a quarter done AND I need to have more photos printed because I haven't printed the photos from our two after parties.  I do really want to print those ones AND scrap them because we got to take photos with most of the people that we didn't take with at our wedding.  (A regret, but The Wedding Day went by so fast.  I felt like we worked on the planning for 10 months then when the day came, it was done in 5 minutes...just can't remember everything the day of).

Here's a sneak peak of a few pages.  I had this black & white paper packet since 2009 because I knew my wedding colors would be classic.




























AND, today I received this beautiful handmade card from one my good friends from the third grade,who of course, was in our wedding. =)  Love. Love.

By Eliza Pallasigue

Thanks for visiting!

Happy scrappin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment