Friday, April 14, 2017

Anaheim Scrapbook Expo 2017




So.....I have been hiding :) I've been doing small projects here and there that can been seen on my facebook page. Nothing too big: mainly simply cards because that is my new thing.  I have also been out of touch of writing so please excuse the blah blah. 

Anywho, I ran out of double sided tape and needed more, so I asked my friends if they were in for a Girls Road Trip to Anaheim, since the Scrapbook Expo no longer comes to Sunny San Diego - it's all good. It's always nice to get away, especially, now that we are all married with kids. AAAAAH!

Here is a quick photo of all the goodies I picked up.  My limit was double sided tape and markers... well, I got both and a little more...BUT, the amount of money I spent was my usual limit so I guess that is good.  I'll share in detail below.


The Freebie Bag the Scrapbook Expo gives to all attendees.  Perfect for 12x12 paper and whatever else you wanna fit in there.  I really love the print of this one.  There was another on that had polka dots - this one suites me.  I now use it to carry my 'crafter's pillow.' Details will be shared below.


Here's the double sided tape my friends and I will drive to buy. They used to be $1 A DOLLAR!!!! But, now they are 2 for $3; not bad, not that much of an increase, considering I probably haven't bought in a few years.

AND, I know...why in the heck did I buy these when I don't even print photos and I swore I was I was gonna scrapbook my son's life using Shutterfly.  Um, because these can be used for other things.  For example, one of girlfriend's uses these for her diecuts or sizzlets, you know those die cutting template thingys.  My other girlfriend and I were like...we need these to keep for the Christmas Photo Cards (great minds think a like. lol).  Another thing I wanted to do was to keep my running bibs or wallet size photos I receive from my sister's keikis.  
Scrapbooking may be out of style, but hey, can always find to make use of obsolete stuff. 


I am in LOVE with pineapples so maybe a year ago or less than I bought this large pineapple stamp from Stampin' Up! AND I have this vision of having a colorful pineapple, BUT I didn't want to mess up my Close to My Heart ink pads (oooh, who's name droppin' now?! lol.) So, I was on the lookout for cheapy solo ink bads; I saw the ink pads that are used for embossing, but I didn't really want that because those inks take awhile to dry.  I ran into Local King Stamps.  Did a demo and was sold.  The owner claims it is not the markers, but the stamps that make these images so beautiful.  I just wanted her markers because they don't try up like some that I used in the past.  Was gonna almost buy the show special, but really didn't want to cough up the extra $20 and they stamps on hand didn't really resonate with me.

So this is what I stamped quickly thus far...not sure what I am going to do next, but of course, make some kind of card.  AND, I now believe the founder...I want their stamps, just wish there was a pineapple stamp..I will have to email them.

Okay, no judgement right...Who in the heck goes to the Scrapbook Expo and buys therapeutic I love myself stuff?!  Um, I do. So while I left the Scrapbooking world about 3 years ago, no one really knew why because I didn't share....I decided to start my Yoga Journey and became a certified yoga instructor.  And, now I'm all about nourish me please.

So this is how I got suckered.  I saw a massage table and essential oils and handmade soaps.  I love my local company, but this girl  had a good deal: $5 FIVE DOLLARS!!! for a mystery box...sure it's probably soaps, bath bombs and chapstick that she's had for a while, but it's worth a buy / try for me. I love discounts.  I haven't used any of them yet (I still have soap that I am still lathering through...mmm, am I a soap  hoarder? Maybe, I surely, do not oppose to receiving soap as a gift). I'm also a chapstick hoarder... I need one in every purse / bag / car nook I have...besides I always loose them.

I turned another corner and ran into THE PILLOW, omg, I have a nonpracticing yogi - don't always practice what I preach, am overweight, a mommy to a 2.75 year old boy, sit all day and obviously, I have been walking around the scrapbook expo for a few hours. I sat down in their chair leaned back and stepped on their pillow.  AMAZING!  I carry it with me to work, I only bought one..they had a great deal for two, but that would had been over my budget.  I carry with me on car trips, it's almost always attached to me.  Check out The Pain Free Pillow.  It's not to shabby to have a massage therapist on had wherever you go.


In any case, I hope you enjoyed this short read about my return to the Scrapbook Expo, the blogging world.  Don't have time to proof read since technically I shouldn't be blogging at work...especially on Good Friday. ;P

Maybe more blogs will come that I have been sitting on like my yoga journey and mommy journey.

Until then,

Stay crafty my friends!
Namaste
'til the next wave

Melika

No comments:

Post a Comment