Monday, December 30, 2013

Holiday Cookie Exchange

Happy Holidays My Crafty and Creative Friends!

'Tis the Season for baking, creativity, family and friends!!! I have been out of the crafting groove for a while, BUT I thought this event was the perfect opportunity for me to get back into creativity.

A group of girlfriends and I got together for a cookie exchange and it was so much fun!  This is the first time I participated with them, but I have been baking cookies for about a year.  Click HERE for the recipe that started it all.  It's the base of my cookie I made for the cookie exchange with a few changes I made. I'll share the changes I made later.

First, I want to share with you the cookie box I made with the CTMH Cricut Artiste Collection and Cranberry Cardstock.



The box I used is on page 38 cut at the suggested cut of 5".  The size of the box is 2 3/4  x 2 3/4 x 2 3/4 inches.  Fits about five cookies.



The stamps sets I used are A Holiday, Enjoy!, and Perfect Fit-Holidays. I also used the CTMH Cricut Art Collection to cut the "frame with love" and the circles for the snowflake.



Another requirement for the cookie exchange is that the recipe be provided.  This EXCITED me because it gave another opportunity to be creative!  





I took it upon myself to create my own recipe cards...I have been wanting to create or decorate recipe cards, but I didn't know if I wanted to keep an electronic or physical recipe book.  I guess both is good to have.  Here are the photos of the recipe.







Lastly, to close the box and attach the recipe cards, I punched a hole in the recipe cards and used Cranberry Twine to tie it together.  As an additional touch I used the Free Monthly Rediscover CTMH Printable Download to finalize the project.  The holiday tags are available until December 31, 2013.  They change monthly so be sure to check back in.


Other materials used:
Cranberry Ink
Cranberry Marker
Lagoon Ink
Lagoon Marker

Thank you so much for checking in with me!

Happy scrappin'!

PS
If my links no longer work please visit K Pekin's site by clicking HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment